Friday, December 7, 2007

When men were men (Bell Hooks)

I am a movie person, and I enjoyed reading this article because I'm better at understanding movies. I feel bad for this author of this article, because probably every movie she sees she interprets the true meaning of the movie, or she interprets what she wants out of the movie. I have seen the "Horse Whisper" and I never thought of it as how she did. It was an awesome article to read and see a totally different aspect of the movie. But it did make me sad, to hear how it was meant. The thought of, its okay for women to stray but come back to old roots as women should act, is horrible. Personally I interpreted this movie to be that she got intouch with a softer side of her, which made her happy. I would love to watch the movie again after reading another interpretation of the movie. This thought of women is portrayed a lot in hollywood. I even see it on a popular new show called "Samantha who?" It shows 'good' and 'bad' sides how stuff that she use to do. This is a popular trend of how women are being interpreted.

No comments: